What’s On Your Nightstand?
Oprah says that your bedroom should be your sanctuary. A place to come to to relax and rejuvenate.
Yeah. Talk to me when you have kids, Oprah.
My bedroom hasn’t been a sanctuary since…well, ever. I mean, I do keep it neat and tidy, and free from clutter and all, but my nightstand is where all the crap goes. Everything that I do not get to during the day gets stacked there on the nightstand in the hope that I will be able to look at it at night, before my eyes start crossing in exhaustion. (i.e. not many books are getting read lately, if you know what I mean)
So I thought, MEME! MEME!
I don’t know if there is one out there like this, but just for kicks (okay, it’s NaBloPoMo) I thought it would be fun to see what everybody else has on theirs. And that is ON the nightstand, not IN it, okay? I really don’t need to know what is IN your nightstand any more than you need to know what is in mine, okay? (Even though, deep down, I am curious….)
- Cordless phone and charger
- FSU Seminole coaster
- Alarm clock
- Assorted Pottery Barn, Lillian Vernon, Red Envelope and LTD Commodities catalogs that I’d love to shop from, but cannot afford to
- Williams-Sonoma Employee Handbook
- Williams- Sonoma Dress Code Policy
- Williams Sonoma Holiday Items Quiz (Yeah, should have read all of those by now, but, no…)
- Dealing with Disappointment book
- Sensory Integration information pamphlet
- Netflix movie: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants that I’ve had since July (Yeah, that would be $40.00 that I’ve paid to get that movie that I’ve yet to watch)
- Elementary School Newspaper
- Nurturing Resilient Children book
- The Reach of a Chef book, recommended by Brett (who never reads anything I recommend, but anyway…)
- Life As We Knew It book, recommended by Allison, that I am dying to read (read? who has time to read?)
- Three Year Old: Friend or Enemy?, recommended by my preschool administrator (don’t tell her that I haven’t read it yet!)
- The Period Book (okay, so it’s time I had THAT talk with Allison
- Basket to hold most of aforementioned crap
Okay, so now you know all of my Dirty Little Nightstand Secrets! What are yours?
I tag Aimee, Heather, Damselfly and Boogiemum, four of my NaBloPoMo friends, to carry on from here.Â And even if I didn’t tag you, consider yourself tagged!Â Just leave a link where we can see whatchyagot….
Today I am thankful for:
Time to go to the gym.Â Never have enough time to work out these days!